Friday, January 22, 2010

The road less travelled


Take a tar road at a mountain pass, remove the asphalt as its outer layer, now and then dig a trench for a couple of meters, occasionally insert some big rocks, on the side of the ‘road’ add a few rocks and piles of soil fallen after a big rain (erosion is very active around here), make sure that the smooth parts get very slippery like an icerink in Vancouver after heavy rains, add constant steep slopes... you have created the roads I am supposed to be riding on to go to the schools around here.
The rainy season has already started (almost eight weeks before it was due)... Will I brave the elements, tame the dragon of fear, stretch the boundaries of my madness? I can’t decide. I think I need to sleep it over...

No comments:

Post a Comment