Friday, January 29, 2010

An intelligent man


An intelligent man
Throughout his seventy years of existence, Papa Jacynth has spent more time tilling his land than reading books. Yet his analytical skills, his insights, his local knowledge and his wisdom are impressive. I always feel humbled when I speak to him... In brief, he simply ‘gets it’. When there is an issue to be discussed, he goes straight to the point and does not waste much time in futile digressions. He understands what the struggle to develop Rugerero Primary is all about. He knows what is at stake, what the real obstacles are and who the assets and adjuvants are...
My understanding of the Rugerero problems is somewhat abstract, analytical and undoubtedly ethnocentric, his is more direct, ‘gut-felt’ , organic...
I take my hat off to papa Jacynth.... I want him on the local, informal Abana committee that I would like to establish around here before I leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment