Monday, February 22, 2010

Today is savanah day


Today I am in Kigali where I have a few things to do (get some books for teachers, some basic material for children, do a workshop about bilingual education with teachers at a Jesuit school, meet people at the Directorate General for Immigration and Emigration, in order to register Abana in Rwanda.
But first, I have allowed myself one day off – a savannah day. At 5:30 AM I am off to the Akagera National Park to see some wild animals and look at another type of scenery (so far all I have seen is 976 hills... I want to see open spaces!).
Jean Baptiste, the part-time taxi driver / full time university student, whom I met when I first arrived to Rwanda, is waiting for me at the gate of the ‘Centre d’accueil Saint Francois d’Assise’. We leave at 5:31... Jesan Baptiste has told me that he has noticed that Muzungus don’t like it when other people are late... it is a few hour’s drive away. This will give us time to chat. Good!























2 comments:

  1. Im very impressed with all your new photos.
    A picture says a thousand words.
    The animals are beautiful, your an increible at taking photos. xxx

    ReplyDelete