Wednesday, February 24, 2010

jungle


I like to sit on top of the highest branch,
On the highest tree.
No one can get to me up there,
Not even the lion or the hyena.
I can see everything in the world below.
I can choose my lunch carefully,
Spot my dinner miles away.
My claws are always ready to become my fork.



I survive by being extremely shy and sensitive.
Any noise, any visual intrusion into my clear horizon,
Any unfamiliar sound or smell
And I flee, I am out of here.
I move to another clear horizon
And to familiar sounds and scents.
I am not interested in any conflict,
Or any sort of confrontation.




I raise above the masses,
I don’t eat off the ground,
And won’t stoop for any low shrub.
My neck allows me to spot danger miles away,
Before it becomes a personal threat.
My legs are proportionate to my neck,
Just in case I have to run for my life.

1 comment: