Sunday, February 14, 2010

Global network and helping Abana

I find out to day that I have a regular follower of my blog in China. He sent me a very nice message. Thank you, you made my day! Perhaps I have more readers than the 9 officially registered who put their names down as regular followers. I LOVE reading feedback on the blog...
This gets me thinking... perhaps I should make a plea for financial support to Abana on my blog.
I will have spent quite a bit of Abana money while I have been here...
‘Invested’ would be a better word! I am sure we need to replenish the coffers ... I would really love to have solar panels installed at the school by the end of the year, have a few computers up and running in the school. A library needs to be started from scratch. The school needs to have proper school grounds and some sporting facilities etc.
So, if you and /or someone you know are happy to help, go to the Abana website http://www.abana.org.au/ and donate.
I can assure you that your money will not contribute to buying a diamond ring to some African country president’s third wife; it won’t end up in the pocket of the Minister of Education, it won’t feed my secret bank account in Switzerland. It will end up at Rugerero Primary, where it is really needed. Murakoze!

No comments:

Post a Comment