Friday, February 19, 2010

Good teaching, good learning




Good teaching, good learning

We all have memories of one good teacher that made a difference on our education, in the broadest possible sense. I have the feeling that Frederic will have that impact on a number of children at Rugerero primary...
He teaches physics and maths at the senior level of the school (the ‘Tronc commun’). I go to a lot of classes here to observe and make some comments to the teachers. Very often I ‘butt in’ and end up working with him or her. I call this co-teaching’ to justify my interfering... With Frederic, not much to say. He knows about getting the pupils involved in the learning process, about pair work, about classroom management. He has used straight away the material that I bought for teachers on behalf of Abana.
I am hoping that Frederic will not only make a difference on a few individuals but also on the school, on other teachers. He was overwhelmingly voted ‘assistant to the headmistress’ by the staff and a few other people. He is the best asset the school currently has.

No comments:

Post a Comment