Wednesday, March 3, 2010

We all need a bit of magic in our lives



http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

Who stole my French mobile phone and my lighter is a trite question. Why did it happen? More interesting question... So I could meet the local witch doctor? At least, an excellent question!
Today he comes to my room, the scene of the crime, with Papa Jacinth’s eldest son. With my Cartesian mind, I explain that they may have been taken through the window. The lighter and the French phone were spending most of their time in Rwanda on my bedside table, next to that window...
I observe his ritual – not unlike a policeman who puts some powder on a window to look for fingerprints, he puts some kind of dust on the bedside table and on the window ledge. He mumbles a few words. I try to sit still and connect with the Spirit too. The ritual only takes a couple of minutes. I ask if it would be OK for me to take a couple of photos. He does not mind. Great! Wouldn’t it be nice if my phone and my lighter reappeared on my bedside table in the next couple of days? If this is the case, I( will ask him straight away to come to Rugerero and put a few pinches of his magic dust on the head of the teachers who falls asleep in class. Today, the children were left incomplete darkness, doing nothing whilst this teacher was god knows where. When she came back to class, I gave her a mouthful about her teaching duties.
We all need a few miracles in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment